EPL Tax Links
A comprehensive resource for tax forms and information
The Elkhart Public Library will continue to make paper tax forms available this year – to the extent that the IRS and the Indiana Dept. of Revenue make them available. As the State of Indiana continues to promote online filing, they send fewer and fewer forms every year. You can, however, access the forms and information you need through the Elkhart Public Library.
Our Tax Information Links include:
- 1040.com (IRS forms, instructions and publications)
- Local IRS offices and contact information
- Indiana forms and publications
- Indiana district offices contact information
- Formularios y Publicaciones en Español
- Many more how-to, where-to, when-to and why-to links
These resources can be accessed from your home computer, as well as computer stations at all EPL locations. Forms may be printed at a cost of 15 cents per page.
We also have many “paper-and-ink” resources. Check our Reference and Nonfiction collections for books covering a wide variety of tax-related topics. J.K. LASSER’S YOUR INCOME TAXES is available at all EPL Locations. It is a comprehensive and comprehensible guide to tax preparation.
Volunteers from United Way’s VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Program will be at the Main Library:
- Mondays, January 28 through April 15, 12 noon-5:00 PM
- Wednesdays, January 23 through April 10, 2:00- 7:00 PM
- Saturdays, January 26 through April 13, 9:00 AM-12:30 PM
To schedule an appointment at the Main Library, call 211.
NOTE: Some cell phone providers do not allow access to 211. United Way of Elkhart is working on this issue. If 211 does not work with your phone, call 574-293-8671 or schedule online at United Way’s VITA web page (http://www.uwsjc.org/vita)
AARP (American Association of Retired People) Tax-Aide volunteers will be at the Osolo Branch:
- Saturdays, February 9 through April 6, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM (except March 9 and 16)
To schedule an appointment at the Osolo Branch, call the Branch at 264-7234.
If further information becomes available, we will update this blog and post a note on our FaceBook page.
This year’s filing deadline is Monday, April 15.