Do you need to learn a foreign language for business or travel?
Are you interested in learning a new language just for fun?
¿Te gustaría aprender cómo hablar en Inglés?
With Mango Languages, you can learn a language in the comfort of your own home; on your own schedule. All you need is a high-speed internet connection and a resident Elkhart Public Library card. Learning a new language with Mango Languages is FREE to all resident EPL card holders.
Mango offers 40 foreign languages, as well as ESL (English as a Second Language) courses for speakers of 14 different languages. Each lesson combines real life situations and audio from native speakers with simple, clear instructions.
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Find “Language” on the list.
- Click on the plus sign and choose Mango Languages.
- Create a profile. You will be asked to sign in each time you use Mango, so you can track your progress;
- OR Click the “Start Learning” button to use Mango without creating a profile.
- Select a language course or click on the “Translate” tab, which uses the Google translation tool to interpret the ‘gist’ of conversations from one language to another. It is not a substitute for human translations.
Try the first lesson in any language on the Try Mango page.
NOTE: While it is helpful to have a microphone for a more interactive experience, you can benefit from the lessons without one.
Mango in Action
Watch this short video to see Mango Languages in action and learn about how this language learning software actually helps you converse in the language(s) of your choice.
Take your language learning everywhere you go with Mango Mobile Library Edition. Download for Android, iPhone or iPod. For the apps to work, you must first have Mango account set up through the Library. Download the app for your iPhone/iPod or Android device,enter your Mango Languages log-in information, download a course and start learning at your own pace with or without an Internet connection!