September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. This be th’ perfect time t’ talk about Mango Languages, one of th’ many Online Resources on th’ EPL website. Pirate be one o’ Mango’s most popular courses. If ye set a course to any Elkhart Public Library location on the 19th, ye might see th’ Library crew walkin’ the aisles (but not the plank) in pirate garb. Be sure t’ put yer name in a drawing for a Mango mug, T-shirt or water bottle, generously provided by Mango. (And ye might want t’ sail over to our Facebook page, which we’ll be a’settin’ t’ Pirate Lingo for th’ day.)
About Mango Languages
Mango Languages offers user-friendly online courses for more than 60 different languages and ESL for speakers of 17 languages. Mango is available FREE to anyone with a resident Elkhart Public Library card and access to high-speed internet.
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Find “Language” on the list.
- Click on the plus sign and choose Mango Languages.
- Create a profile. You will be asked to sign in each time you use Mango, so you can track your progress;
- OR Click the “Start Learning” button to use Mango without creating a profile.
- Select a language course or click on the “Translate” tab, which uses the Google translation tool to interpret the ‘gist’ of conversations from one language to another. It is not a substitute for human translations.
Try the first lesson in any language on the Try Mango page. NOTE: While it is helpful to have a microphone for a more interactive experience, you can benefit from the lessons without one.