Rocking the roof – free Curbside Concerts are back
Curbside Concerts are back.
The free shows, performed by bands on our rooftop in downtown Elkhart, will start back up Thursday, Aug. 5. First up in the series will be high-energy Rica Obsesion, an Elkhart Jazz Fest favorite with lively horns and powerful percussion.
The series also includes Maybe April, an award-winning Americana group featuring Katy DuBois and Alaina Stacey. The band has been featured on CMT’s Artist Discovery series and will be here Sept. 2.
All shows will start at 7 p.m. Thursdays. The bands will play right above our downtown curbside pickup window that’s open six days a week (get all the details on our curbside service here).
People can watch the band from the library parking lot, but please park on the street or in nearby municipal lots. In the event of rain, shows will be moved indoors to the library atrium.
The beer garden will be open seating, with a 21-and-older designated sale area. Dutch Kernel will be on hand selling treats, as well.
The 2021 schedule:
- Rica Obsesion (Latin jazz) – Aug. 5 (RSVP here)
- Caught On Cline (worldly funk) – Aug. 19 (RSVP here)
- Maybe April (Americana) – Sept. 2 (RSVP here)
- High Gravity (rock) – Sept. 9 (RSVP here) — new date!
- The North and Wells Band (upbeat summer sounds) – Sept. 16 (RSVP here) — new date!