(As the public health situation continues to evolve, please contact your library location for information about upcoming book discussions.)
Since the invention of the printing press, people have gotten together in groups to talk about what they’ve read. These groups are supported by the library, and if you have an idea for a new discussion, send us a note.
Cleveland, 1:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Come share your latest great read and hear about titles to add to your reading list. This is a casual group with no assigned reading.
Beacon Book Club
Elkhart Health and Aquatics on East Jackson Boulevard, 10 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month in the community center.
Osolo Page Turners
Osolo, 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month.
- Aug. 10 – Olive Again by Elizabeth Strout
- Sept. 14 – Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- Oct. 12 – Educated by Tara Westover
- Nov. 9 – Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
- Dec. 14 – The Lido by Libby Page
Dunlap, 6:15 p.m. on the first Monday of each month.
- Aug. 3 – Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
- Sept. 14 (due to Labor day) – Have You Seen Luis Velez by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- Oct. 5 – At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
- Nov. 2 – I’ll Push You by Patrick Gray
- Dec. 7 – The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Downtown Book Club
Downtown, 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month.
- Aug. 17 – “Bento Box in the Heartland: My Japanese Girlhood in Whitebread America” by Linda Furiya
- Sept. 21 – 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
- Oct. 19 – The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Greene
- Nov. 16 – Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Dec. 21 – Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World’s Stolen Treasures by Robert K. Wittman