Since the invention of the printing press, people have gotten together in groups to talk about what they’ve read. These groups are supported by the library, and if you have an idea for a new discussion, send us a note.
Cleveland, 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month and 1:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Come share your latest great read and hear about titles to add to your reading list. This is a casual group with no assigned reading.
NEW – Beacon Book Club
Elkhart Health and Aquatics on East Jackson Boulevard, 10 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month in the community center.
- Jan. 9 – The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Osolo Page Turners
Osolo, 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month.
- Jan. 13 – Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Feb. 10 – The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- March 9 – The Dutch Girl, Audrey Hepburn and WWII by Robert Matzen
- April 13 – How Not to Die Alone by Richard Roper
- May 11 – An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- June 8 – The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Garman
- July 13 – The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott
- Aug. 10 – Olive Again by Elizabeth Strout
- Sept. 14 – Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- Oct. 12 – Educated by Tara Westover
- Nov. 9 – Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
- Dec. 14 – The Lido by Libby Page
Dunlap, 6:15 p.m. on the first Monday of each month.
- Jan. 6 – Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horowitz
- Feb. 3 – Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- March 2 – Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
- April 6 – The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny
- May 4 – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- June 1 – The Housemaid’s Daughter by Barbara Mutch
- July 6 – Elephant Company by Vicki Croke
- Aug. 3 – Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
- Sept. 14 (due to Labor day) – Have You Seen Luis Velez by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- Oct. 5 – At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
- Nov. 2 – I’ll Push You by Patrick Gray
- Dec. 7 – The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Downtown Book Club
Downtown, 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month.
- Jan. 20 – Any book by Tony Hillerman
- Feb. 24 – Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist’s Wife by Irene Spencer & “The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and a Forty-year Friendship” by Jeffrey Zaslow
- March 16 – Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- April 20 – Night by Elie Wiesel
- May 18 – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- June 15 – The Girl in the Tangerine Scarf by Mohja Kahf
- July 20 – The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
- Aug. 17 – “Bento Box in the Heartland: My Japanese Girlhood in Whitebread America” by Linda Furiya
- Sept. 21 – 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
- Oct. 19 – The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Greene
- Nov. 16 – Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Dec. 21 – Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World’s Stolen Treasures by Robert K. Wittman