Talk it out
(As the public health situation continues to evolve, please contact your library location for information about upcoming book discussions.)
Since the invention of the printing press, people have gotten together in groups to talk about what they’ve read. These groups are supported by the library, and if you have an idea for a new discussion, send us a note.
Cleveland, 1:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Come share your latest great read and hear about titles to add to your reading list. This is a casual group with no assigned reading. Contact Mary Ann Kempa for more information.
Osolo Page Turners
Osolo, 3 to 4 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at Hillcrest United Methodist Church, 4206 E. Bristol St., Elkhart, during Osolo Branch’s renovation. Contact Donna Mitschelen for information on getting a book.
- September 12 – “West With Giraffes” by Lynda Rutledge
- October 10 – “Flame Tree Road” by Shona Patel
- November 14 – “The Woman at 72 Derry Lane” by Carmel Harrington
- December 12 – “When the Stars Go Dark” by Paula McClain
- Sept. 12 – “The day the world came to town” (non-fiction)
- Oct. 3 – “The Girl With the Loud Voice” (fiction)
- Nov. 7 – “Shortest Way Home” (non-fiction)
- Dec. 5 – “The Noel Letters” (fiction)
Novel Conversations (Downtown)
- October 25 – “Saving CeeCee Honeycutt” by Beth Hoffman
- November 29 – “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” by Jamie Ford
- December 27 – “Cleopatra: A Life” by Stacy Schiff
- January 31 – “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- February 28 – “Marley and Me” by John Grogan