Since the invention of the printing press, people have gotten together in groups to talk about what they’ve read. These groups are supported by the library, and if you have an idea for a new discussion, send us a note.
Cleveland, 1:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Come share your latest great read and hear about titles to add to your reading list. This is a casual group with no assigned reading.
Osolo Page Turners
Osolo, 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month.
- March 11 – Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan
- April 8 – Women in Sunlight by Frances Maye
- May 9 – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- June 10 – Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
- July 8 – The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Pepper
- Aug. 12 – The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
- Sept. 9 – The Address by Fiona Davis
- Oct. 14 – Drowning Ruth by Christine Schwartz
- Nov. 11 – The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
- Dec. 9 – The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
Dunlap, 6:15 p.m. on the first Monday of each month.
- March 4 – The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- April 1- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- May 6 – An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff
- June 3 – Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
- July 8 – An American Family: A Memoir of Hope and Sacrifice by Khizr Khan
- Aug. 5 – A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Sept. 9 (special date) – A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel
- Oct. 7 – Beyond the Bright Sea by Lauren Wolk
- Nov. 4 – A Higher Loyalty by James Comey
- Dec. 2 – Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Downtown Book Club
Downtown, 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month.
- March 18 – A House for Mr. Biswas by V.S. Naipaul
- April 15 – The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- May 20 – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- June 17 – On Her Own Ground: The Life and Times of Madam C.J. Walker by A’Leila Perry Bundles
- July 15 – The Book Club by Mary Alice Monroe
- Aug. 19 – Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions by Daniel Wallace
- Sept. 16 – A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
- Oct. 21 – Lila by Marilynne Robinson
- Nov. 18 – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Dec. 16 – Blackbird House by Alice Hoffman
Young At Heart
Various locations, 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month. This club is for adults who enjoy young adult novels.
- March 21 – All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- April 18 – Scythe by Neal Shusterman