COVID-19: Open for business inside and at curbside
(This information will be updated as developments occur. To learn more about coronavirus, visit these local, state and federal sites. If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.)
The Downtown Library and our Dunlap and Cleveland branches are open for full services, including curbside pickup. (Our other branches are currently closed, but that’s due to planned renovations.)
Open hours for browsing, computers, research and curbside service are: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
The Board of Trustees also has set the following policies for conditions dictated by Elkhart County’s status on the Indiana State Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard:
- Orange advisory level – Staff will be required to wear masks in public spaces. Masks will continue to be required of all guests over the age of 2 in the children’s areas. Masks will be strongly recommended, though not required, for all other library guests.
- Red advisory level – Masks will be required for everyone over the age of 2 entering and using the Downtown library. Only curbside pickup will be available at our branch locations, and no visitors will be allowed inside these smaller locations. This information may change as administration assesses public health and considers the impact we all can have to bring this pandemic to a close.
We welcome your questions via our contact page, and you can keep up with the latest developments on social media.
- Place items on hold through our catalog
- Use our curbside pickup service
- Sign up for a library card online
- Explore our Digital Library from home