Celebrate stories and storytellers ‘On The Heritage Tale’
Elkhart’s story is about to be told “On The Heritage Tale.”
Authors, musicians and other creatives will be featured in a week-long celebration at the downtown library the week of May 16-20. We’ll have something for kids of all ages and communities, capping the week with our free Curbside Concerts show featuring Darryl Buchanan and his Soul Motown Allstars.
The schedule, all taking place downtown:
- Monday, May 16 – Ruthmere author Andrea Barbour kicks off the week with stories about The Mousleys exploring Elkhart of 100 years ago from her new book. All ages, 5:30 p.m. start.
- Tuesday, May 17 – Grammy Award winner Juan Carlos Alarcon will pair music with children’s stories in “Over in the Meadow and Arroz Con Leche.” Primarily in Spanish, start time 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 18 – WordPlay brings its open-mic style to the library for this special night. Contact us if you’re interested in sharing original works. Start time is 6:30 p.m., and content is geared for adults.
- Thursday, May 19 – Paul Thomas shares his stories of Elkhart’s history – sure to be fun for all ages. This program will start at 11 a.m.
- Friday, May 20 – Darryl Buchanan rocks the roof during Curbside Concerts, starting at 7 p.m.
All these Heritage Tale events are free and open to the public, with no RSVP needed. If you’re curious about the name of the series, check out all there is to do on our local Heritage Trail.
Have ideas for future storytelling celebrations? Send them our way.