Tax resources at EPL
Taxes are as certain as, well, you know.
With tax season ramping up, a lot of people are looking for where to go to get assistance and forms for their taxes.
Elkhart Public Library locations will have limited federal paper tax forms this year, due to IRS rules. Those forms will be available beginning in late January.
Library staff cannot give tax advice of any kind or tell which form someone may or may not need. Library staff are not tax professionals and do not know which form is needed. EPL reference staff can direct patrons to available books about filing taxes but cannot help fill out forms. That is the sole responsibility of an individual.
For real help filing taxes and filling out forms, please check out these links:
- IRS official filing site
- IRS forms and instructions
- IRS Free File for incomes below $66,000
- Indiana state tax forms
- Local IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Relevant phone numbers:
- IRS for individual filers: 800-829-1040
- IRS for business filers: 800-829-4933
- TTY/TDD for people with hearing impairments: 800-829-4059
- Salvation Army of Elkhart – Call 211 to schedule an appointment
- United Way of St. Joseph County Volunteer Income Tax Assistance – 574-800-1361