Tax resources at EPL
Taxes are as certain as, well, you know.
With tax season ramping up, a lot of people are looking for where to go to get assistance and forms for their taxes.
A couple of upcoming programs can help you make the most of getting your forms correct and your refund spent wisely.
- Thursday, Feb. 20 – The experts from the Notre Dame Tax Clinic will provide help to first-time filers. A short presentation will cover the basics, along with ways to avoid common mistakes. Then, individual questions will get answered in a valuable one-on-one sessions. No reservations needed, but you can click interested and going here.
- Saturday, Feb. 22 – Set a goal to make the most of your tax refund. With help from Lacasa, Inc., get a boost to make smart use of that refund check. Learn about accounts offering a 3:1 match and more. And if you like the presentation, learn more about no-cost Master Your Money and Success Coaching opportunities.
Elkhart Public Library locations offer a limited number of both federal and state tax forms. The quantities distributed are set by the IRS and Indiana Department of Revenue, so it’s first come, first served with no second batch expected.
Links to other IRS tax forms are available on public computers at EPL and can be printed for $0.15 per sheet or $0.30 per double-sided sheet.
Library staff cannot give tax advice of any kind or tell which form someone may or may not need. Library staff are not tax professionals and do not know which form is needed. EPL reference staff can direct patrons to available books about filing taxes but cannot help fill out forms. That is the sole responsibility of an individual.
For real help filing taxes and filling out forms, please check out these links:
- IRS official filing site
- IRS forms and instructions
- IRS Free File for incomes below $66,000
- Indiana state tax forms
- Local IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Relevant phone numbers:
- IRS for individual filers: 800-829-1040
- IRS for business filers: 800-829-4933
- TTY/TDD for people with hearing impairments: 800-829-4059
- Salvation Army of Elkhart – Call 211 to schedule an appointment