Open to Friends of EPL:
Thursday, October 9, 2014
1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
(membership may be purchased at the sale)
Open to the public:
Friday, October 10, 2014
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday, October 11, 2014
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
All items will be priced from $0.10 – $1.00
The sale will be held at the
Main Library • 300 S. Second St. • Elkhart, IN
Opportunities to speak with members of the organization and/or join the group will be available throughout the sale.
The Friends are looking for volunteers to help with book sale promotion, set-up and take-down, planning of programs and marketing of the Friends organization. Anyone interested is invited to contact the group via email: FriendsofEPL@aol.com.
Be a Friend
The Friends the Elkhart Public Library is a group of generous volunteers who raise funds to provide the Library with resources that would not otherwise be affordable with our limited budget. Among their contributions are programming, equipment, support for children’s Summer Reading, and special events throughout the year. We appreciate our Friends, and thank them for all they do to enhance the Library experience in our community!
Would you like to be a part of this? An annual membership can be purchased for as little as $10.00 a year ($5.00 for seniors and students).
Pick up a membership application at EPL, or download a printable form:
Homework Assistance at All EPL Locations
Homework Assistance is available to all students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. National Honor Society students from Elkhart Central and Memorial High Schools will be on hand to help in many different subjects, and on a first come, first served basis.
Students should bring their assignments, as well as needed materials and supplies.
Times and Locations:
- Main Library – Mondays from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Cleveland Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dunlap Branch – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Osolo Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Pierre Moran Branch Library – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
Homework Assistance is offered from September through early May. For more information, feel free to give us a call.
EPL Links and Online Resources
- Kid Links
- Go to myEPL.org/kids
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the purple bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- Teen Links
- Go to myEPL.org/teen
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the blue bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- OR select from the quick links list on the right side of the page
- Online Resources (EPL cardholders)
For more information, or assistance in using the EPL website, call 522-KNOW (522-5669)
You may not be visiting a pirate ship anytime soon, but if you do, Mango Languages can help you learn the lingo.* Mango is an online language learning system that teaches practical conversation skills for more than 60 languages. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and your Elkhart Public Library card. Headphones and a microphone will enhance the experience. Best of all, it’s FREE with your library card!
* Arr, me hearties! Hit t’ bottom o’ this post fer info on our Mango Talk Like a Pirate Day demo.
To access Mango Languages from the Elkhart Public Library website:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Scroll down and select Language.
- Click on +Mango Languages.
- Create a profile. You will be asked to sign in each time you use Mango, so you can track your progress;
- OR Click the Quick Start button to use Mango without creating a profile.
- Select a language course.
Just need to translate a word or two? Click the blue button on the header :
This tool uses Google Translate to help you get the gist of conversations.
But don’t forget, humans still reign supreme when it comes to accurate translations.
Take your language learning everywhere you go with the Mango free app for your iPhone/iPod or Android. To use the app, you must first have a Mango account set up through the Library. Download the app, log in, download a course, and start learning at your own pace, with or without an Internet connection!
Arr! Ye won’t want t’ miss this, matey!
Experience Mango Languages at our Talk Like a Pirate Day Celebration Friday, September 19 • 11:00 am in the Main Library Computer Training Center.
As a lead-in to Talk Like a Pirate Day, Golden Beats will be at the Main Library on Thursday, September 18. [Learn more]
Now you can use your Elkhart Public Library card to download magazines to your computer, tablet or phone! No waiting list, no returns, no expiration date!
What you’ll need:
- A computer or mobile device (tablet or smartphone) and an Internet connection
- An email account
- An Elkhart Public Library card in good standing (Resident and Non-Resident card holders may use Zinio)
- A free account at EPL’s Zinio Magazine Collection (myepl.org/zinio)
- A free account at Zinio.com
- Note: You must have a total of TWO (2) accounts; an EPL Zinio Magazine Collection account to check out magazines; and a Zinio.com Reader account to read checked out magazines via streaming online with computers and/or downloaded offline via mobile apps.
How it works:Zinio for Libraries – New Interface June 2013 from RBdigital from Recorded Books on Vimeo.
Zinio Apps are available for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire* and Blackberry Playbook. Note: The Zinio app is not available for the NOOK Color or Tablet. Barnes & Noble does not allow Zinio to be downloaded from their app store. Zinio may be accessible through the NOOK browser depending on the memory of your NOOK. * Kindle Fire users, if you are unable to access the Zinio app from your device, refer to this alternate download method and/or view our brief video tutorial for the Kindle Fire only:
- Visit our FAQ page (myepl.org/ziniofaq)
- Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 574-522-5669
We would love to hear your thoughts on this new EPL service. Let us know in Speak Your Mind at the end of this post.