Thinking of getting a tablet or eReader? Already have one?
Let us show you how to download eBooks and Audiobooks from the Elkhart Public Library!
During December and part of January, we will have an OverDrive® Assistance table at the Main Library near the entrance. Library staff members will be on hand to help you get started, answer questions and share helpful tips. Join us on the following days from 4-6 pm:
- Monday, December 9
- Tuesday, December 10
- Wednesday, December 11
- Monday, December 16
- Monday, December 30
- Monday, January 6
- Tuesday January 7
- Monday, January 13
- Tuesday, January 14
Shopping for an eReader or tablet?
We have updated last year’s eReader Shopping Tips blog. It is loaded with information, including a “how-to” guide for choosing the right device for your needs, and links to trusted websites that offer comparisons, reviews, recommendations and specific product information.
The Elkhart Public Library & Heart City Health Center team up to help consumers with the Marketplace! Join us for informational sessions in the Computer Training Center at the Main Library :
- Wednesday, December 4, 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 11, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 18, 12:00 noon
These will be 1.5 hour sessions with plenty of time for Q & A.
Need an individual appointment or help enrolling in Medicaid/Marketplace?
Call Heart City Health Center at 584-7362 OR Hablamos Espanol 293-0052
BE CAREFUL OF FRAUD:
- LOOK for official seals, logos, and navigator assister certifications
- You should NOT be charged a fee for assistance with enrolling
- KEEP your personal health info private and safe
- If you have Medicare, it’s AGAINST THE LAW for someone to sell you a plan
Want to learn a language, but lack the motivation?
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone – and you’re in luck.
Say hello to Elkhart Public Library’s newest language-learning resource:
Mango Premiere™. Mango Premiere™ is the first and only language-learning program
to combine education and entertainment to teach language through foreign films.
To access Language Learning through film:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Find “Language” on the list.
- Click on the plus sign and choose Mango Languages.
- Create a profile. You will be asked to sign in each time you use Mango so you can track your progress;
- OR Click the “Start Learning” button to use Mango without creating a profile.
- Select the “Courses” tab.
- Choose “Language Learning through film” on the left side.
There are currently only a few films available, including one Chinese, one Japanese, and two English for Spanish speakers. More will be added in the coming months.
Homework Assistance at All EPL Locations
Homework Assistance is available to all students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. National Honor Society students from Elkhart Central and Memorial High Schools will be on hand to help. Help is available in many different subjects and on a first come, first served basis.
Homework Assistance is offered from September through early May.
Times and Locations:
- Main Library – Mondays from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Pierre Moran Branch Library – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Osolo Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dunlap Branch – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Cleveland Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
For more information contact us by email or phone at (574) 522-2223.
Forget your library card? Now we can scan it from your smartphone! Just download an app and photograph your card. Voila! You have your Library barcode wherever you have your phone.
There are a number of “loyalty” or “rewards” card apps available. Key Ring is one of them. It is well-reviewed, user-friendly and available for most smartphones. Go to www.keyringapp.com for more information, and to download it to your Android or iPhone. Key Ring is also available for Blackberry and Windows phones:
For other “loyalty” or “rewards” card apps, check Google Play (Android), the App Store (iPhone), Blackberry App World or the Windows App Store. These are generally accessible directly from your phone.
Once your barcode is on your phone, you can use it just as you would your Elkhart Public Library card.