A huge THANK YOU to everyone who borrowed eBooks and audio eBooks in June!
Because of you, we won $2,500 to use for building our digital collection.
To raise awareness of digital library lending, Overdrive, EPL’s digital media supplier, offered $2,500 in content credit as an incentive for libraries to increase eBook/audio eBook circulation by 50% during June. For us, that would have been 1,911 downloads. You came through! Our final total was 1,975 – a 55% increase. We win; you win! Watch for an influx of new titles, coming soon.
Let’s Keep it Going
Day or night; on the go or in the comfort of your home, visit downloads.myepl.org, and start reading or listening to books to on your phone, tablet, laptop or PC.
Grownups, we have a Summer Reading Program for you, too! Play Element Bingo! Each element on your bingo card is paired with a type of book or library service. Explore different books and authors, and participate in fun, interesting library activities! Play the game by reading, attending programs, and using library services. Weekly prizes will be awarded at each location; then one grand prize at the end of summer.
How it works
- Pick up an Element Bingo card at any EPL location.
- When you read a book or complete an activity, enter it on your card.
- Once you have 5 in a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) turn in your card to be entered in a weekly prize drawing.
- The fun isn’t over, yet! Get another card and do it again!
But wait! There’s more! Every bingo card you turn in is also an entry for our end-of-summer grand prize drawing. Don’t feel like playing bingo? We will also have a different activity sheet each week. Correctly completing one of these also enters you in the drawings.
Great news! ConsumerReports.org is now FREE through our Online Resources. More great news! The Library’s subscription includes Cars Best Deals Plus!
Elkhart Public Library cardholders in good standing can access Consumer Reports Online from home or anywhere with Internet access.
To Access Consumer Reports Online:
- Go to myepl.org/info247
- Click on the + next to “Consumer Reviews”
- Select [Access from Home]
- Enter your library card number (no spaces) at the prompt
- If you are in the Library, select ConsumerReports.org with Cars Best Deals Plus (Card number is not required when accessing from inside the Library)
Note: Consumer Reports does not allow access to some features, such as
Build and Buy Car Buying Service, through our public library subscription.
Now you can use your Elkhart Public Library card to download magazines to your computer, tablet or phone! No waiting list, no returns, no expiration date!
What you’ll need:
- A computer or mobile device (tablet or smartphone) and an Internet connection
- An email account
- An Elkhart Public Library card in good standing (Resident and Non-Resident card holders may use Zinio)
- A free account at EPL’s Zinio Magazine Collection (myepl.org/zinio)
- A free account at Zinio.com
- Note: You must have a total of TWO (2) accounts; an EPL Zinio Magazine Collection account to check out magazines; and a Zinio.com Reader account to read checked out magazines via streaming online with computers and/or downloaded offline via mobile apps.
How it works:Zinio for Libraries – New Interface June 2013 from RBdigital from Recorded Books on Vimeo.
Zinio Apps are available for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire* and Blackberry Playbook. Note: The Zinio app is not available for the NOOK Color or Tablet. Barnes & Noble does not allow Zinio to be downloaded from their app store. Zinio may be accessible through the NOOK browser depending on the memory of your NOOK. * Kindle Fire users, if you are unable to access the Zinio app from your device, refer to this alternate download method and/or view our brief video tutorial for the Kindle Fire only:
- Visit our FAQ page (myepl.org/ziniofaq)
- Email your questions to email@example.com
- Call us at 574-522-5669
We would love to hear your thoughts on this new EPL service. Let us know in Speak Your Mind at the end of this post.