What’s All the Hoopla About?
Hoopla digital is here! Borrow thousands of movies, TV shows, music albums, audiobooks, ebooks, and comics for mobile and online access – all you need is an Elkhart Public Library card in good standing.
Hoopla’s simple sign-up and user-friendly interface make it easy to access. Content is instantly available – no waiting! The automatic return feature means no late fees!
Get the free hoopla digital app for Android or iOS, or visit hoopladigital.com to borrow titles from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – all available for instant streaming or temporary download.
Once you have downloaded the app to your device or clicked on the hoopla digital link on our website, you will be prompted to enter your email address, a password, your library card number, and your Library PIN. Once the system validates that your Library account is in good standing, you can instantly browse, borrow, and enjoy!
Here’s how it works:
- When you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available on all of your devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browser.
- You can begin streaming the content immediately or download to view at a later date (just in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that camping trip).
- Borrow up to 6 titles each month.
- Loan periods:
- Videos – 72 hours
- Music – 7 days
- Audiobooks – 21 days
- Ebooks and comics – 21 days
- Access what you borrow as often as you like during the loan period and return a title anytime you want.
Great news! We have partnered with PrinterOn to make it easy for you to print from your computer or mobile device to our printer – and you don’t have to be at the Library to do it! Send your print job from anywhere, then come to the Main Library Public Computer Center to retrieve your print. Payment is cash only. Your print job will be held for 48 hours before being automatically deleted.
THREE OPTIONS: WEB, APP, EMAIL
OPTION 1: Go to myepl.org/webprint
- Select Black and White ($0.15/page) or Color ($0.50/page).
- Enter a username so you can retrieve your document. We suggest you use your first and last name together: Ex: johnsmith.
- Attach the file to be printed. You can also copy and paste a URL if printing a web page.
- Click on the large green print button to continue. PrinterOn will process your job and show you when it is ready.
- Your document will be waiting for you at the Print Release Station in the Main Library Public Computer Center.
OPTION 2: Get the PrinterOn app
- Visit the iTunes app store or Google Play to download and install the PrinterOn app for your device.
- After installing the app, touch no printer selected at the bottom of the screen.
- Select search and use keyword Elkhart. Select Elkhart Public Library Color Printer or Elkhart Public Library BW Printer from the drop-down menu.
- On the PrinterOn main screen, touch Documents, Photos, or Web. (Detailed instructions for printing each of these at myepl.org/printing)
- Enter a username so you can retrieve your print job. We suggest you use your first and last name together: Ex: johnsmith.
OPTION 3: Print by email
- Compose or forward an email to email@example.com (black and white prints) or firstname.lastname@example.org (color prints).
- If composing a new email, you will need to attach the document or image to the email.
- If forwarding, the attachment should automatically be included.
- Alternatively, you can paste text into the body of the email to have it printed.
- Wait for a reply email from PrinterOn indicating your document was received. You will receive a reply for the email and each attachment. Your document will be queued and waiting for you at the Print Release Station.
- You will need the email address you used to send the document or image.
- Enter the first part (before the @) to retrieve your print.
- For example, if your print job was sent from email@example.com, you will enter johnsmith.
To learn more about EPL’s printing and copier services, visit myepl.org/printing.
Wine and Canvas Fundraiser
Sunday, August 28, 2:00-5:00 pm
409 South Main Street
“A little nervous to paint? Don’t be! No talent or experience is necessary. Our talented instructors will guide you step-by-step! You will be amazed at your very own work of ART!” (from the Wine & Canvas home page)
Admission is $35, with proceeds supporting the Friends of the Elkhart Public Library.
The Friends of the Elkhart Public Library is a non-profit group of generous volunteers who raise funds for the Library. They provide us with with resources that would not be otherwise affordable with our limited budget. Among their contributions are programming, equipment, Summer Reading prizes, special events, and more.
“Sunset at the Lake”
This event is limited to 40 people, so you will want to reserve your spot early!
Call Wine & Canvas at (574) 807-1562 or sign up online.
Online preschool has never been more fun!
Prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond with Miss Humblebee’s Academy! This interactive program concentrates on language and literacy and also provides fun activities for math, science, social studies, music, art, inventors, and more! Though it is designed for 3 to 6-year-olds, Miss Humblebee’s Academy can also be helpful for children already in kindergarten who may be struggling a bit.
Kids will love the sticker room and puzzle area, and parents will appreciate using the music and books rooms to revisit the songs and stories from the lessons. We sense some new favorite songs and stories in your future! You can even print some of the lessons for offline use in the car, on vacation, or anywhere else.
Accessible from home or anywhere with an Internet connection,
Miss Humblebee’s Academy:
- Prepares children for kindergarten proficiency.
- Includes hundreds of guided lessons with sound cues.
- Assesses skill levels and reports outcomes regularly.
- Emails parents links to weekly progress reports.
With a combination of online and offline learning opportunities, kids can play and learn anywhere!
- Access with your Elkhart Public Library card – or from any EPL location without a card.
- Mobile apps are available for Android and iPhone/iPad.
- 20% of the curriculum has printables and worksheets, giving children practice using writing tools.
- Offers a safe and secure learning environment with no pop-ups, ads or links to other websites.
To Access Miss Humblebee’s Academy:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Click or tap + Online Learning Courses, then Miss Humblebee’s Academy.
- Click or tap Access from Home.
- You will first be taken to a page that asks you to enter a password. This is your library card barcode number. (If accessing from the Library, you will be taken directly to the home page.)
- After entering your card number, click Proceed to go to Miss Humblebee’s home page.
- Create a user account, including an email address where you will receive progress reports. View step-by-step instructions here.
Additional information about Miss Humblebee’s Academy’s key features can be found in the footer navigation under Learn More, FAQ, and About.
Exciting news! Brainfuse is now available in our Online Resources!
Brainfuse HelpNow gives Elkhart Public Library (EPL) cardholders free access to live online tutoring, writing assistance, test preparation and more!
- Interact with a live tutor anytime between 2 and 11 pm, seven days a week for assistance with:
- Social Studies
- English/Language Arts
- Computer Literacy
- Test Preparation
- English As a Second Language
- 24/7 Question Center – submit a question for a detailed, explanation of a difficult concept
- Premium Writing Lab – writing assistance
- Form online study groups
- FLASHBULB – access a library of online flashcards or create your own
- Adult Learning Center
- Practice tests & preparation for High School Equivalency (TASC), SAT, TOEFL, COMPASS/ACCUPLACER, ASVAB, GRE, U.S. Citizenship and more
- Online quizzes & games
- Access free lessons & resources
- WRITING ASSISTANCE for better business letters, term papers, resumes, etc.
Use your Elkhart Public Library card to access Brainfuse from home or anywhere that has an Internet connection — or from any EPL location without a card.
To access Brainfuse:
- Go to myepl.org/info247.
- Click + Kids and Teens OR + Online Learning Courses
- Click Access from Home.
- Enter your Library card number near the bottom of the page.
- If accessing from any EPL location, no card is required.
- Setting up an account is quick and easy – just create a username and password and you’re ready to start learning!
To learn more about Brainfuse tutors, system requirements and technical support, view the HelpNow User’s Guide.
Brainfuse is a student initiated service and should not be used as a school or class-wide assignment.