Join us at the Main Library on Saturday, October 22, 1:30-5:30 pm for a fascinating foray into the world of romance authors and readers!
Tickets are $15, cash or check,* and can be purchased at any Elkhart Public Library location. Admission includes a screening of LOVE BETWEEN THE COVERS, a book signing by our guest authors, and a gift bag. All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Elkhart Public Library.
Books will be available for purchase (cash or check only) or you can bring your own copies to be signed.
*If you do not purchase a ticket, you are welcome to come to the book signing from 4:30-5:30 pm at no charge.
Author Talk: Peggy Reiff Miller • Monday, October 3, 6:30 pm
Osolo Branch Library • 3429 E. Bristol Street • Elkhart
Come aboard and join local author Peggy Reiff Miller as she talks about the Seagoing Cowboys, volunteers who transported livestock across the ocean to people who were suffering the effects of World War II. Their mission was called the Heifer Project (now Heifer International). THE SEAGOING COWBOY, a children’s picture book written by Miller and illustrated by Claire Ewart, is the story of these volunteers.
Peggy Reiff Miller has been researching, writing, and speaking about the seagoing cowboys since 2002. Through interviews, questionnaires, diary accounts, photos, and movies of their trips, she has accumulated a wealth of information; much of it is documented on her website, seagoingcowboys.com. She lives in Goshen, Indiana. This is her first children’s book.
Homework Help at All EPL Locations
Homework Help is available to all students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. National Honor Society students will be on hand to help in many different subjects, and on a first come, first served basis.
Students should bring their assignments, as well as needed materials and supplies.
Times and Locations:
- Main Library – Mondays from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Cleveland Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dunlap Branch – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Osolo Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Pierre Moran Branch Library – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
Homework Help is offered during the school year from Labor Day to Memorial Day. For more information, feel free to give us a call.
EPL Links and Online Resources
- Kid Links
- Go to myEPL.org/kids
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the purple bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- Teen Links
- Go to myEPL.org/teen
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the blue bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- OR select from the quick links list on the right side of the page
- Online Resources (Elkhart Public Library card and ecard holders)
For more information, or assistance in using the EPL website, call 522-KNOW (522-5669)
What’s All the Hoopla About?
Hoopla digital is here! Borrow thousands of movies, TV shows, music albums, audiobooks, ebooks, and comics for mobile and online access – all you need is an Elkhart Public Library card in good standing.
Hoopla’s simple sign-up and user-friendly interface make it easy to access. Content is instantly available – no waiting! The automatic return feature means no late fees!
Get the free hoopla digital app for Android or iOS, or visit hoopladigital.com to borrow titles from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – all available for instant streaming or temporary download.
Once you have downloaded the app to your device or clicked on the hoopla digital link on our website, you will be prompted to enter your email address, a password, your library card number, and your Library PIN. Once the system validates that your Library account is in good standing, you can instantly browse, borrow, and enjoy!
Here’s how it works:
- When you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available on all of your devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browser.
- You can begin streaming the content immediately or download to view at a later date (just in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that camping trip).
- Borrow up to 6 titles each month.
- Loan periods:
- Videos – 72 hours
- Music – 7 days
- Audiobooks – 21 days
- Ebooks and comics – 21 days
- Access what you borrow as often as you like during the loan period and return a title any time you want.
Just in: Exciting new changes to hoopla! On Thursday, September 8, 2016, hoopladigital.com will get an upgrade. In addition to a new look, the site will feature improvements to enhance your experience:
More robust content discovery tools
Quick links to borrowed titles, favorites and history, as well as to each of the formats your library supports, create better, more personal user experiences. You will also be able to learn more about the hoopla story.
Your mobile browsing experience will be faster and more responsive!
Filtering feature for more targeted exploration
Filtering and updated category landing pages allow for quick browsing of collections and genres.
Built-in audio players
No more new tabs or windows just to listen and browse! Audio players for music and audiobooks are now built right into the page, and can be played immediately while browsing.
Updated Registration process
The registration process will be streamlined, simplifying the experience for new users!
As a result of the upgrade, if you already have an account, you will be logged out of hoopla on your browser. You will need to log in again with your email and password. If you don’t remember your password, you can use the “Forgot your password? ” link under the login button to change it, or contact hoopla via the help link at the very bottom of the page. (If you have your password stored in your browser, simply click the email sign in box, select the email that pops up and both your email and password will be filled in.)
Great news! We have partnered with PrinterOn to make it easy for you to print from your computer or mobile device to our printer – and you don’t have to be at the Library to do it! Send your print job from anywhere, then come to the Main Library Public Computer Center to retrieve your print. Payment is cash only. Your print job will be held for 48 hours before being automatically deleted.
THREE OPTIONS: WEB, APP, EMAIL
OPTION 1: Go to myepl.org/webprint
- Select Black and White ($0.15/page) or Color ($0.50/page).
- Enter a username so you can retrieve your document. We suggest you use your first and last name together: Ex: johnsmith.
- Attach the file to be printed. You can also copy and paste a URL if printing a web page.
- Click on the large green print button to continue. PrinterOn will process your job and show you when it is ready.
- Your document will be waiting for you at the Print Release Station in the Main Library Public Computer Center.
OPTION 2: Get the PrinterOn app
- Visit the iTunes app store or Google Play to download and install the PrinterOn app for your device.
- After installing the app, touch no printer selected at the bottom of the screen.
- Select search and use keyword Elkhart. Select Elkhart Public Library Color Printer or Elkhart Public Library BW Printer from the drop-down menu.
- On the PrinterOn main screen, touch Documents, Photos, or Web. (Detailed instructions for printing each of these at myepl.org/printing)
- Enter a username so you can retrieve your print job. We suggest you use your first and last name together: Ex: johnsmith.
OPTION 3: Print by email
- Compose or forward an email to email@example.com (black and white prints) or firstname.lastname@example.org (color prints).
- If composing a new email, you will need to attach the document or image to the email.
- If forwarding, the attachment should automatically be included.
- Alternatively, you can paste text into the body of the email to have it printed.
- Wait for a reply email from PrinterOn indicating your document was received. You will receive a reply for the email and each attachment. Your document will be queued and waiting for you at the Print Release Station.
- You will need the email address you used to send the document or image.
- Enter the first part (before the @) to retrieve your print.
- For example, if your print job was sent from email@example.com, you will enter johnsmith.
To learn more about EPL’s printing and copier services, visit myepl.org/printing.