Someone else has done the decorating!
Which one(s) would you like to take home?
Come to the Main Library and feast your eyes on the 28 mini-trees in the atrium,
each decorated by a local group or individual. Please vote or bid in person. Look for the table between the Information and Circulation Desks.
All decorated trees will be sold to the highest bidders, with proceeds going to the
Friends of the Elkhart Public Library. Bid soon! Bid often!
The silent auction closes on December 6!
Prizes will be awarded for:
PEOPLE’S CHOICE (be sure to cast your vote!)
Trees! Trees! Trees! was organized by:
Mini-trees were donated by:
Prizes are provided by:
Thinking of getting a tablet or eReader? Already have one?
If you stop by the Library during our special Tablet Table times, staff members will be on hand to answer questions about your tablet or eReader, and share helpful tips. We will also walk you through accessing audiobooks, eBooks and digital magazines on your device. These are not formal 2-hour classes; just drop in any time during Tablet Table times with your devices and questions.
Tablet Table times and locations:
• Tuesday, Dec. 2 • 11:00 am-1:00 pm • Dunlap
• Tuesday, December 2 • 4:00-6:00 pm • Cleveland
• Wednesday, December 3 • 11:00 am-1:00 pm • Osolo
• Thursday, December 4 • 4:00-6:00 pm • Pierre Moran
• Tuesday, December 9 • 4:00-6:00 pm
• Thursday, December 11 • 4:00-6:00 pm
• Tuesday, December 16 • 4:00-6:00 pm
• Wednesday, December 17 • 11:00 am-1:00 pm
• Thursday, December 18 • 4:00-6:00 pm
• Tuesday, January 6 • 4:00-6:00 pm
• Wednesday, January 7 • 11:00 am-1:00 pm
Shopping for an eReader or tablet?
Check out these comparison guides at eBookReader.com
Other useful links
Did you know you can check out Art Prints from the Elkhart Public Library? AND you can browse our collection on Flickr. The description for each Flickr image includes title, artist and size, as well as a link to its EPL Public Access Catalog (PAC) listing. Each PAC listing includes a link to its corresponding Flickr image. Art prints are available at the Main Library and the Dunlap Branch, but can be transferred to other EPL locations for pickup.
To see a gallery of EPL Art Prints on Flickr, go to tinyurl.com/EPL-ArtPrints.
Click on any image in the gallery for an individual view of that print.
Each image will include title, artist, size, and a link to its PAC listing.
PAC (Public Access Catalog)
If you are searching the PAC for a specific print, and you know the title or artist, simply search the same way you would for books, movies, etc.
To browse the Art Print collection in the PAC:
- In Limit by, click on the triangle at the right end of the box.
- Select “Art Prints” from the drop-down menu.
- An asterisk (*) will appear in the Keyword search box.
- Click the Go! button.
To link to an image from the catalog listing:
- Select the “View the picture here.”
- This will open a new window containing an image of the print.
Art Print check-out information:
- Loan period: 6 weeks
- Limit of 4 per cardholder
- May be placed on hold
- May be renewed one time
- May be checked out by cardholders age 12 and older
We’re coming out from behind the desk to better serve you!
Our Reference and Computer Services staff members are wandering about the Main Library to assist you in locating and using Library resources. On weekdays, during the Library’s busiest times (M-F, 11:00-1:00 and 3:00-5:00), a roving librarian will move between the 1st and 2nd floors, offering assistance wherever needed. Roving Reference librarians encourage you to approach them with any questions you may have. Look for the person in the navy blue vest, carrying an iPad. We’re here to help!
Roving Reference is an innovative way to assist people at their point of need — wherever that may be in the Library — and expand the personalized service patrons are accustomed to receiving at the Elkhart Public Library.
Homework Assistance at All EPL Locations
Homework Assistance is available to all students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. National Honor Society students from Elkhart Central and Memorial High Schools will be on hand to help in many different subjects, and on a first come, first served basis.
Students should bring their assignments, as well as needed materials and supplies.
Times and Locations:
- Main Library – Mondays from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Cleveland Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dunlap Branch – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Osolo Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Pierre Moran Branch Library – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
Homework Assistance is offered from September through early May. For more information, feel free to give us a call.
EPL Links and Online Resources
- Kid Links
- Go to myEPL.org/kids
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the purple bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- Teen Links
- Go to myEPL.org/teen
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the blue bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- OR select from the quick links list on the right side of the page
- Online Resources (EPL cardholders)
For more information, or assistance in using the EPL website, call 522-KNOW (522-5669)